Wednesday, December 28, 2011

NYE Review: 2011

Hey Peeps,

I have to say that 2011 has been the most exciting year that I have ever had and 2012 looks like it could be even better!  


I have a little surprise for all of you, this is NOT the last blog of the year - even though I am looking back on what has been accomplished in 2011.  Keep your screens open for a great post being brought to all of you who love photography as much as I do.  That's was all I was going to say, but I will let you know that it is a Q&A from a panel of wonderful professional photographers across North America and I am so excited about it!  But I'm not telling who's on the panel - you will just have to wait and see.

First off for 2011, I had left my regular 9-5 job and as time went on, I started to realize that I wasn't getting any younger and that if I wanted to photograph full-time then this was the moment to do it.


Of course, it did cause a lot of stress since my wife and I were both expecting our first child that May.
Little Liam is the "Big Man" who changed everything and really put life in perspective for me.  Whenever I start to feel lost, I just need to take a few minutes to spend with him and it all straightens out.



 Next, I had the great chance of shooting some NHL Alums at the BMO Hockey Heroes Weekend, it raised thousands of dollars for the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation.
These guys were really great and I even had them comment on how much they liked THIS image.
I got back into my running, ran a few 10k's and 5k's, ran a half marathon for part of my training and completed my first full marathon a day before my 32nd birthday.
Water NEVER tasted so good.

Being a big fan of photographer and author Dane Sanders, I was extremely excited to meet him in the flesh this past summer!
I've been told there is a resemblance, but there is no relation lol.
I also shot some special weddings for old and new friends AND got ready to shoot some future weddings too:


I had the honor of keeping alive the memory of Anthony McColl, a teen who was a victim of drunk driving, and promote the cause that his family has created in his name, Tony's Promise.  Anthony's ashes are being spread around the world in the name of this cause - to promise not to drink and drive, and I got to capture one of those somber ceremonies.  It was a timeless moment.  Please keep this in mind when celebrating this New Year.

My photo expertise was also used to shoot some images for model friends of mine and the band Lust Boys:
The dynamic duo, Sharon Tyler & Victoria Weir



And I shot with some new and fantastic people:

The talented Courtney Kenley

No comments:

Post a Comment