Thursday, February 23, 2012

My First Bridal Show

Hey Peeps,

This month, I attended my first bridal show as a vendor.  It was interesting to say the least.

It was the 3rd Annual Southern Nova Scotia Bridal and Prom Show in Yarmouth, NS.  Held by Enaira Marketing and put together by the gracious Ariane Anderson of Designs by Ariane, my wife and I had a great time.

I've realized that shows like this aren't designed for getting clients instantly.  Everyone attending was doing their homework, collecting information to be reviewed later in deciding if they want services from anyone there.

Not only that, but we vendors are doing our own homework.  

Testing what works, what doesn't.  Collecting information on other vendors set ups that seem successful and warmly welcomed by potential clients.

We also make new friends and affiliates to network with and support each other in our businesses.

Here was our set up

that's my wife in the center, we already have design changes for next show

nice professional samples/cards using my own work

slideshow and trusty cell phone

nice sized canvas on classic black aisle of my own work displayed


 After lunch there was a fashion show with wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses and prom dresses


















It was definitely a good experience to have and now a bunch of us photogs are meeting up in March to do an on location shoot with some models, MUA's and stylists - I can't wait.

Laters,

Michael Carty
My Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment