Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tony's Promise

This summer I was approached with a unique request.  I was asked to take photographs of ashes being scattered at the beach.  The ashes belonged to a young teen by the name of Anthony McColl.

I was honored to be a part of this, especially after hearing Anthony's story and of the promise named after him.

You see Anthony was killed in an automobile accident by a drunk driver.  From what I have been told, he was the designated driver for his group of friends, and while driving them home another driver who was intoxicated struck their car head-on.  Everyone survived except for Anthony.

Since then, Anthony's family and friends have promoted what is called Tony's Promise, which you can find on Facebook(http://www.facebook.com/#!/tonyspromise?sk=photos is the open page, here is the requested one: http://www.facebook.com/groups/tonyspromise/#!/groups/tonyspromise/).  It is a promise that you will not drive drunk or under the influence of drugs in memory of Anthony and those like him.  If you have ever lost a loved one because of driving under the influence, I'm sure you understand a little bit about the pain Anthony's family and friends go through everyday without him.

We went to the shore at sunrise, we prepared the ashes, took a couple of test shots with sand and then proceeded to shoot what was to be one of the best photo experiences of my career.  It was a perfect day - literally.  Anthony would've loved it.

Below are a few of the shots we took, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them, and I hope you do as I did and join Tony's Promise to promote responsible drinking and responsible driving for the future.







Thanks again McColl Family for letting me be a part of this great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment